Sunday 13 November 2016

Entry 2: Practice makes perfect; believe it or not

R. D. Mahlo Mr.
The year 2015, was my opportune time to act accordingly and I started doing the necessary preparations to go back to school to improve my writing deficiency. Then I was so lucky and got admitted at University of the Free State where I registered for Honours Degree in Journalism and Media Studies.
At the beginning of the year 2016 when I started writing more vigorously, it was really more hectic and very much demanding when I had to come up with a different article almost every week. What was even more challenging about this expedition was the fact that, I was expected to write different journalistic genres. This demanded a lot of studying to remind myself all the basics to engage as per each journalistic piece.
One classical but unforgettable assignment that will forever be unique in 2016 journalism class, was when as a class we were to come up with an article from our wallets. That sounded so crazy to me but, I can stand here to tell people that in very wallet, there could be as many stories as anything that is contain in it.
Nonetheless, only to realize it later that, it was highly necessary to keep practicing more regularly, as practice makes perfect. Ultimately, I ended up enjoying writing and reading different journalistic pieces within a short space of time. As a results, I can now confidently face my overwhelming challenge of production of promotional material without any fear or faivour.
As a result, I just want to admit that though I had all the basics, but I was not practicing enough, and at times I could rely on other people not knowing that one day one I could be faced with a dilemma to do almost everything from the spade work to the final product. Finally I want to give thanks to my two Journalism Lecturers who always burdened me with deadlines to meet, and instilled journalism passion as one of my inner abilities now.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

An Interview with Lesotho Times On Upcoming Mining Reforms

  Author:  Bereng Mpaki The government has enlisted the services of the African Development Bank (AfDB) to help in reviewing its natural ...